|Whaddon Road Football Stadium
Whaddon Road Stadium has been home to Cheltenham Town FC since 1932. Today the four stands give the stadium the capacity of about 7,400, but attendance record of 8,326 was made for a game versus Reading in the first round of the FA Cup on 17 November 1956.
The original main stand, now known as UCAS Stand, was erected in the 1960's and at the time was one of the best facilities for any non-league club in the country. The original benches were replaced with tip-up seats, which are to the rear of the stand along with terracing at the front. The stand was extended to include new offices and also hospitality boxes. It has the capacity of 1,800 and does not extend the full length of the pitch, having open spaces to either side.
A smaller, covered terrace is situated behind the goal, at the home end of the ground towards Prestbury Road. The original covering at this end was blown down in the hurricanes of the late 1980's, and the old terracing was completely rebuilt. Cover was built over the stand, which is now known as the Cheltenham & Gloucester Stand. It was officially opened in 2000 and has the capacity of 1,900.
The Wymans Road terrace had only been rebuilt in the early 1990's, but with the club's elevation to the Football League, more seating was needed, and works started on a new all-seated single-tiered stand. It was opened with the Division 3 game against Bristol Rovers on 6th November 2001. It bears the name of a local company In2Print and proved to be the most popular with the spectators. One end of this impressive 1,885 seater stand is usually set aside for away fans.
Situated behind the goal is the newest addition to Whaddon Road, the Carlsberg Stand, an all-seated covered steep terrace, which opened in 2005 and can house up to 1,000 visiting fans.
Whaddon Road Stadium
Cheltenham Town FC
Cheltenham, GL52 5NA
Official Robins Website